- 1 6 to 7-inch slice watermelon, cut from one end
- 1 small cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small honeydew melon, peeled, seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup fresh or canned pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup orange or grapefruit segments
- 1 cup fresh strawberry halves
- 2 bananas, cut in 3/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 6 to 8 clusters sugar-frosted green or red grapes, optional
Cut thin slice from end of watermelon so bowl will stand upright and level. Cut red meat from inside of watermelon leaving 1-inch layer or red meat over bottom. Cut scallops around top edge of watermelon rind. Chill. Remove seeds from remaining watermelon; cut into bite-size pieces. Combine with fruits, except grapes; mix carefully. Spoon into watermelon shell. Arrange on serving plate; surround with sugar frosted grapes, if desired.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!