- 3/4 pounds lean ground beef or ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, large, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 2/3 cup kidney beans (canned, drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup corn
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Place ground beef in a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Brown meat over medium high heat until it is no longer pink, stirring occasionally to break it into pieces.
- Drain fat and blot meat with paper towels.
- Transfer beef into a colander and rinse with very hot water to further remove fat.
- Add green pepper, onion and celery.
- Cook until softened.
- Add beans, corn, tomato sauce, tomatoes, pepper, garlic and chili powder.
- Cook mixture over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot in bowls or serve as a dip with baked tortilla chips.
- Cover and refrigerate within 2 hours.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!