- 1 package (18 1/4 oz) white cake mix
- 1 package (3 oz) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- Lemon Glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners? sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, gelatin, water, egg whites, applesauce, oil, lemon extract and food coloring if desired; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a 13 by 9 inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, for glaze, in a small bowl, combine confectioners? sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle about a third of glaze over cake; carefully spread evenly. Repeat with remaining glaze. Cool completely.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!