- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 large yellow onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 8-oz packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 10 small flour tortillas
- Heat butter in large sauce pan over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 10 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until onions are brown and caramelized. Set aside to cool completely.
- In medium bowl combine cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, parsley and chives. Add cooled onions. Mix until well combined.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture onto each tortilla. Spread mixture in even layer using offset spatula. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Roll tightly and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for one hour before slicing. At this point you can keep them in freezer until ready to use.
- Preheat broiler. Line baking sheet with foil. Using sharp knife, cut each tortilla into 4 slices. Broil for about 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and pinwheels begin to brown.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!