- 4 ozs. whole wheat honey graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (preferable) or margarine at room temperature
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons gelatin or agar-agar
- 1 lb. soft tofu
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon candied ginger, minced
Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease 9-inch pie plate with margarine. In food processor, or by hand, crumble graham crackers; add olive oil and work to fine crumbs. Press cracker mixture onto bottom of pie plate until surface is smooth and even. Bake 10 minutes; cool.
Heat pineapple juice to near boil. Stir in gelatin or agar-agar gradually and simmer until dissolved, about 5 minutes. Cool at least 10 minutes.
In blender or food processor, combine all other ingredients with pineapple juice mixture and blend a minute. Pour into baked crust. Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours.
Chieko Yoshikawa of UCSC
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!