- 8 russet (baking) potatoes (about 1/2 lb. each), scrubbed, patted dry, and rubbed with olive oil
- olive oil for brushing potato skins
- sweet paprika for sprinkling potato skins
- fine sea salt or coarse salt for sprinkling potato skins
- sour cream as an accompaniment if desired
Prick potatoes a few times with fork and bake in middle of preheated 425° oven 1 hour. Let potatoes cool, halve lengthwise, and scoop out, leaving 1/4-inch shell and reserving potato pulp for another use. Cut each shell lengthwise into 6 strips and arrange strips on baking sheet. Brush strips with oil, sprinkle with paprika, salt, and pepper to taste, and bake in middle of preheated 425° oven 20 to 25 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown. Serve potato skins with sour cream.