- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 medium-sized cloves garlic, peeled
- 6 cups (48 oz.) chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons Orange Blossom honey, divided
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, optional
Heat oil over medium-high heat in a soup pot. Add onion and sauté until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add stock, potatoes and salt. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
Puree mixture in batches, put soup back over low heat and add 5 tablespoons of the honey, bell pepper, curry powder, pepper and ginger. Bring to a simmer, taste and adjust seasonings.
Microwave remaining 1 tablespoon honey for 5 seconds on High. Serve soup drizzled with a little warm honey and sprinkled with chopped cilantro, if desired. Serves 4 to 6.