- 1 lb. of whole grain or whole wheat pasta, any shape
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 sweet onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 sweet green pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium seedless cucumber, cut into cubes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup fresh peas
- 1 cup small diced cheese, use your favorite such as cheddar, provolone, Gruyere, etc.
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4-1/2 cup of favorite Italian dressing, depending on taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
Combine all ingredients in bowl and refrigerate for at least 6 hours to allow flavors to blend. This recipe is great as a side or as a stand alone meal. Add any of your favorite fresh summer vegetables to make this dish uniquely yours.