JEFFERSON, Ohio – There are plans afoot to create an historic 1800s village around the old Lake Shore and Michigan Southern Railroad depot in Jefferson.
Jefferson Depot already serves an a heritage museum, and currently features a one-room schoolhouse and an 1848 church and church barn, with a PRR caboose parked on the track.
Now there is an opportunity to acquire an 1885 Queen Anne Victorian house that could be made part of an expanded Jefferson Depot Village.
In addition to the house, the vocational school has agreed to construct an old-fashioned general store for the village, and state officials are on the lookout for a steam locomotive.
Jefferson Depot Inc., can purchase the house and additional land for parking at a cost of $299,900, and donations for a house fund are being solicited. Donors of $5,000 or more will have their names listed on a plaque.
With the addition of the house to the expanded village, the museum expects that Jefferson Depot Village will be added to the map of interesting places to go in Ohio.
Donations can be sent to the House Fund at Jefferson Depot, Inc., P.O. Box 22, Jefferson, OH 44047. For information call 440-293-5532.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!