- 6 medium tart cooking apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup oat or wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- Place apples in a buttered 9 by 13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and water.
- Mix flour, sugar, and butter with a fork or pastry cutter, and spread evenly over apples.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes, until apples are soft and top is brown.
- Serve plain or with frozen yogurt or ice cream.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!