- 2 medium russet, white or yellow-flesh potatoes or 3 to 4 small red potatoes
- 3/4 pound 85% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (4 oz.) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Slice across into 1/4-inch thick half moons. In 1-quart microwave-safe dish, crumble beef and season with salt and pepper. Add soup, mushrooms, water, mustard and potatoes. Stir until combined. Cover tightly with lid or plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 20 minutes (cooking time may vary depending on your microwave) or until beef and potatoes are done. Let sit for two minutes. Use oven mitts or tongs to remove plastic wrap from dish to prevent burns from steam. Serves 2.
Substituting potatoes for usual stroganoff noodles gives this dish a flavor and nutrition boost.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!