- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 1 can cream of mushroom, or chicken, or celery or cheese soup (10 3/4 ounce, condensed)
- 1 1/2 cups milk (1%)
- 20 ounces broccoli or cauliflower or mixed vegetables (frozen, chopped)
- 1/2 pound cheese (grated or sliced)
- 3 tablespoons magarine (or butter)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 12x9x2 inch baking pan.
- In a saucepan mix rice, salt, and 3 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and set aside for additional 15 minutes.
- Saute onions in margarine (or butter) until tender.
- Mix soup, milk, 1/2 cup of water, onions, and rice.
- Spoon mixture into baking pan. Thaw and drain the vegetables and then spread over the rice mixture.
- Spread the cheese evenly over the top and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until cheese is melted and rice is bubbly.
Makes 12 servings. Total calories per serving, 240. Total fat per serving, 11 g.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!