- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 chicken breasts (whole, skinless, boneless)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14 1/2 oz., with juice)
- 1 cup chili sauce (low sodium)
- 1 green pepper (chopped, large)
- 2 celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped, small)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley (dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat pan over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet).
- Add vegetable oil and chicken and cook until no longer pink when cut (3-5 minutes).
- Reduce heat to medium (300 degrees in electric skillet).
- Add tomatoes with juice, chili sauce, green pepper, celery, onion, garlic, basil, parsley, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve over hot, cooked rice or whole wheat pasta. Refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.
Serving size: 1 cup. Total Calories, 130. Total Fat, 3 g.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!