- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine (or apple cider) vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 boneless, skinless whole chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 ears of corn, husked
- 1/2 pound asparagus stalks (about 10), ends trimmed, cut into thirds
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 3 slices turkey bacon, cooked as directed on package, chopped
Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender. Sprinkle chicken with garlic and chili powders, salt and pepper. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over high heat and add oil. When oil is hot, add chicken. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 6 minutes per side, turning halfway through. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook until chicken is no longer pink inside, 2 to 3 minutes. Cool chicken and slice thinly. Boil corn in a medium saucepan 5 minutes; cool, then cut kernels off cob; place in a bowl. Steam asparagus in 1 inch boiling water 3 minutes; drain and cool 1 minute. Add to bowl along with remaining vegetables. Heat a dry pan over medium heat. Add pine nuts. Cook, stirring often, until toasted, about 6 minutes. Place salad on a platter; top with chicken, bacon, pine nuts and dressing.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!