- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onions, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2/3 fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 fresh tomato, chopped (about 1 medium sized tomato)
- 8 ozs. clam juice (or shellfish stock)
- 2/3 dry white wine
- 1 1/2 lbs. fish fillets (use halibut, cod, sole, sea bass, shark, orange roughy), cut into 2-inch pieces
- touch of dry oregano, Tabasco, thyme, pepper
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
Heat olive oil in heavy large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and garlic and saute 4 minutes. Add parsley and stir 2 minutes. Add tomato, tomato paste and cook 2 minutes longer.
Add clam juice, dry white wine, and fish; simmer until fish is cooked through, less than 10 minutes. Add seasoning. Ladle into bowls and serve.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!