- 1 head lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
Place bacon in large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside. In 9×13 inch pan, layer lettuce followed by peas, green pepper, bacon, cauliflower and celery. In small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sugar. Spread mixture over salad. Sprinkle cheese over top. Cover and chill for at least 8 to 12 hours before serving.
This cold veggie salad is terrific for holiday dinners or family gatherings.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!