- 1 teaspoon sesame oil or sunflower oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped in large pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head broccoli
- snow peas
- 2 carrots, cut in small pieces
- 1 pkg. bean sprouts
- mushrooms (white, cremini, oyster, shitake or your preference)
- 1 teaspoon black bean sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- any other vegetables such as peppers or eggplant rice or chinese noodles, cooked
Add oil to wok or pan; raise burner to high heat and add garlic, onions, carrots and broccoli. With wooden spatula continuously stir so as to not let vegetables burn. Add 1 teaspoon black bean sauce. Lower heat to medium. If adding beef or chicken; add meat with sauce it has been marinating in. If using mushrooms, snow peas or peppers add at this point. It takes longer for broccoli and carrots to cook through this will prevent sogginess. Once all is cooking well, add soy sauce and bean sprouts. Once wilted, stir fry is cooked. Serve on top of rice or egg noodles cooked ahead of time or add rice or noodles to wok and toss everything together.
If not a Vegetarian you can add 1/2 lb. flank steak sliced into thin morsels (marinated in soy sauce) or 1 to 2 chicken breasts cut into cubes and marinated in soy sauce.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!