- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt; set aside.
- Combine together butter and sugar. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla, beating well.
- Gradually add flour mixture. Blend well. Stir in dates and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 14 minutes.
- Frost while warm with Browned Butter Frosting.
- Browned Butter Frosting : Brown 1/4 cup butter (not margarine). Remove from heat and stir in 1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar. Add 3 to 4 tablespoons hot water, beating until smooth and a spreading consistency.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!