Submitted by Tammy Donaldson of Boardman, OH
Ingredients for Brownies:
- 1/2 c. honey
- 2 Tbsp of butter or margarine
- 2Tbsp. of cashew milk (you can also use whipping or heavy cream instead)
- 2 c. of semi-sweet or dark chocolate chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 2/3 c. of almond or coconut flour or a blend of the two
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
Ingredients For Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1 package of cream cheese, 8 oz.
- 1 Tbsp of unrefined coconut sugar
- Berries optional
Directions for brownies:
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease a spring form pan or 8×8 pan.
- In a saucepan heat honey, butter, and cashew milk on medium heat, until it starts to boil.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate chips, stir until melted.
- Add mixture to mixing bowl and mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Add almond flour and baking soda. Mix till throughly combined.
- Pour brownie batter into your baking dish and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not over bake.
- Allow to cool completely before icing.
Directions for frosting:
- While the brownies are cooling, mix cream cheese honey and coconut sugar in a bowl until peaks begin to form.
- Once the brownies are cooled, remove from pan and spread frosting in a thick layer across the top.
- Decorate with a mix of berries if desired.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!