- 1 lb. fresh green beans
- 3/4 water
- 1 (8 oz.) carton commercial sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- lettuce leaves
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped
Wash beans; trim ends and remove strings. Combine beans and water in large saucepan; bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and curry powder in large bowl; mix well. Add beans, onion and cucumber; toss gently. Cover and chill 2 to 3 hours.
To serve, arrange lettuce leaves on serving platter. Spoon green bean mixture over lettuce and sprinkle with chopped egg.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!