- 1 lb. boneless pork roast, sliced into stir-fry strips*
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 6-inch submarine sandwich rolls, split
- 2/3 prepared pesto sauce
- 2 whole roasted red peppers, drained and halved
- 4 (1 oz.) slices part-skim Mozzarella cheese
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add pork strips to pan and brown nicely, stir-frying, remove from heat. While pork cooks, spread mayonnaise on bottom half of rolls; spread pesto on top half of rolls. Broil briefly just to lightly brown. Divide pork strips onto four roll halves, top with pepper pieces and a slice of cheese. Broil just until cheese is bubbly. Top with remaining half of rolls.
*12 ounces of thinly sliced leftover cooked pork roast can be substituted for uncooked pork. If using leftover roast, delete olive oil in recipe.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!