- 3/4 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 lb. uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- hot cooked rice
Place asparagus, garlic and water in 1 1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high 3 to 4 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Remove with slotted spoon; keep warm.
Add shrimp, red pepper and jalapeno to dish. Cover and cook on high 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove with slotted spoon; keep warm.
In small bowl, whisk cornstarch, soy sauce, lime juice and lime peel until blended; stir into cooking juices. Microwave, uncovered, on high 1 minute or until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
Stir in shrimp and asparagus mixtures. Cook, uncovered, on high 30 to 60 seconds or until heated through. Serve with rice.