- 3/4 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 lb. uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- hot cooked rice
Place asparagus, garlic and water in 1 1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high 3 to 4 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Remove with slotted spoon; keep warm.
Add shrimp, red pepper and jalapeno to dish. Cover and cook on high 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove with slotted spoon; keep warm.
In small bowl, whisk cornstarch, soy sauce, lime juice and lime peel until blended; stir into cooking juices. Microwave, uncovered, on high 1 minute or until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
Stir in shrimp and asparagus mixtures. Cook, uncovered, on high 30 to 60 seconds or until heated through. Serve with rice.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!