- 2 tablespoons melted shortening
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Rind of one orange, grated
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- Blend shortening, maple syrup, egg, and orange rind.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add chopped nuts.
- Add to first mixture alternately with orange juice.
- Bake in greased pan at 350° for 1 hour.
- Bread is better if “ripened” for at least one day before using.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!