- 1 12-inch round of pizza dough, stretched
- 3 Tbsp. tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2¾ oz. fresh mozzarella
- 4 to 5 basil leaves, roughly torn
- Place a pizza stone or pan on the middle rack of your oven and turn heat to its highest temperature setting, not broil. Let it heat for at least 30 minutes.
- On a separate working surface, stretch pizza dough to full size.
- Put the sauce in the center of the stretched dough and use the back of a spoon to spread it evenly across the surface, stopping approximately ½ inch from the edges.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the pie. Sprinkle seasoning on sauce.
- Break the fresh mozzarella cheese into large pieces and place these gently on the sauce. Scatter basil leaves over the top.
- Pick up the pie and slide it onto the heated stone or pan in the oven.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling, approximately 4 to 8 minutes.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!