Mastered Mashed Potatoes
- 5 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch chunks
- As needed chicken broth or water to cover the potatoes
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- In a large stock pot, add potato chunks along with four peeled garlic cloves. Add chicken broth or water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Drain the liquid from the potatoes. Return the cooked potatoes and four garlic cloves to the pan.
- Add in butter, cream cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Using a potato masher or ricer, mash the potatoes until most of the clumps have been worked out and the potatoes are fluffy.
- Add in milk, up to 1/3 cup, and continue mashing until the potatoes are smooth and fluffy. Add more milk if desired. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!