- 2 pounds lean beef (cubed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (large)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (15 ounces)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 5 cups hominy (1 lb. 13 ounce can)
- In a large pot, heat oil. Saute beef.
- Add onion, garlic, salt, pepper, cilantro, and enough water to cover the meat. Cover pot and cook over low heat until meat is tender.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste. Continue cooking for about 20 minutes.
- Add hominy and continue cooking another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, over low heat. If too thick, add water for desired consistency.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!