- 1 cup chocolate wafers, finely crushed
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee crystals
- 3/4 sugar
- 1/2 margarine or butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 (1 oz.) square unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 egg whites
- 2 (1 1/8 oz.) bars chocolate-covered English toffee, crushed (1/2 cup)
For crust, combine crushed wafers and melted margarine; press onto bottom of 8x8x2-inch dish. Dissolve coffee crystals in 1 tablespoon hot water. Beat together 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup margarine until fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each. Add coffee, chocolate and vanilla; beat until combined. Beat egg whites to soft peaks; gradually add remaining sugar, beating to stiff peaks. Fold chocolate mixture into egg whites. Spread over crust. Sprinkle toffee atop. Cover; freeze 6 hours or until firm. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!