- 2 each medium sweet red, yellow and green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons mixed pickling spices
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- In a large glass bowl, combine peppers and onion.
- Place pickling spices and celery seed on a double thickness of cheesecloth.
- Gather corners of cloth to enclose seasonings; tie securely with string.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, vinegar, water and spice bag.
- Bring to a boil; boil 1 minute.
- Transfer spice bag to pepper mixture.
- Pour vinegar mixture over top.
- Refrigerate, covered, 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Discard spice bag.
- Refrigerate pickled peppers up to 1 month.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!