- 8 ounces (about 1/2 lb.) lean ground beef or Italian sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 cup (about 2 oz.) grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (about 4 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook beef and garlic in large saucepan over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in pizza sauce and spices.
- Cook over medium heat until hot, but not boiling.
- Combine cheese and stir into meat mixture until melted.
- Transfer fondue to an enamel or ceramic pot and keep warm over a fondue burner.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 16 servings.
- For dipping: Breadsticks and cubes of crusty French or Italian bread.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!