- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or water
- 1/2 pound (2 cups) Deli American Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, baby-cut carrots, snow pea pods, bell pepper slices, blanched
- French bread, cubed
- Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan until sizzling; add onion.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is browned and caramelized (15 to 20 minutes).
- Add juice and wine.
- Continue cooking until mixture just begins to boil (2 to 4 minutes).
- Add cheese, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Stir in pepper.
- Transfer fondue to fondue pot or 1-quart electric slow cooker.
- Serve with vegetables or French bread.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!