- Venison steaks, chops or other tender cut
- Peanut oil
- Fondue sauce
- Steak sauce or garlic butter sauce
- Heat 2 to 3 inches of peanut oil in fondue pot to a temperature of 380 degrees (or when a 1-inch cube of bread toasts in 40 seconds).
- Cut venison into 1-inch cubes.
- Using fondue forks (table forks get too hot), dunk cubes of venison into oil for about 1 minute, depending on the degree of doneness preferred sauce.
- Note: Peanut oil is preferred for fondues because of its flavor and other properties.
- Melted shortening or other vegetable oils may be substituted.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!