- 1 teaspoon each fresh tarragon, thyme and rosemary, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 lb.) boneless pork loin roast, trimmed
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 small onions, cut into chunks
- 3 celery ribs, cut into chunks
- 3 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 6 medium red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/3 vegetable oil
- 1/2 chicken broth
In small bowl, combine herbs, salt, garlic powder, curry powder and pepper; set aside 1 tablespoon. Rub remaining mixture over roast; place in greased shallow roasting pan. Combine barbecue sauce and mustard; spread over roast. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
In resealable plastic bag, combine onions, celery, carrots, potatoes, oil and reserved herb mixture; toss well. Arrange vegetables around roast. Pour broth into pan. Bake, uncovered at 350° 2 hours or until meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!