Submitted by our Reader’s Kitchen Week One Winner: Brenda Baker
- 1 cup butter, melted (can use margarine, but I prefer butter)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 small box INSTANT pudding
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips (may use other flavors)
- Cream the butter and the sugars together. Mix well.
- Add the instant pudding. Mix well.
- Add the eggs. Mix well.
- Add the baking soda and the flour. Mix until well blended. Batter will be somewhat stiff.
- Add chocolate chips or flavor of your choice.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cool and enjoy!!!
Brenda’s Notes: The nice thing about this recipe is you can use any flavor of instant pudding. My family’s favorite is chocolate. You can use vanilla pudding with peanut butter, chocolate, butterscotch chips, the same with chocolate pudding, pistachio pudding with vanilla chips or chocolate chips, butterscotch pudding with your choice of chips, etc. I sometimes use M&Ms. I like to make a cookie cake with this recipe also. I use a 12″ round pizza pan and spread the batter evenly and bake at 350 degrees for 22 minutes. After is cools, it can be decorated as you like. Makes a great birthday gift!!