- 1 cup cooked pumpkin puree, fresh or canned
- 1/2 butter or margarine, melted
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/2 wheat germ
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts, pecans or almonds
Preheat oven to 350°. In large bowl, beat egg whites slightly; add pumpkin and melted butter or margarine, beat until smooth. In another bowl combine oats, brown sugar, coconut, wheat germ and nuts. Fold oat mixture into pumpkin mixture to form stiff dough. Press dough into lightly greased 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 inch jelly roll pan. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. While still warm, cut into 2×3 inch bars. Serve warm or cool completely.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!