Ingredients for the Bars:
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 cups raw quick-cooking oats
Ingredients for the Topping:
- 12-oz. pkg. chocolate chips
- 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. margarine
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Direction for the Bars:
- Mix together the first 4 ingredients; then add dry ingredients.
- Spread about 2/3 of the mixture in the bottom of a greased 15″x10″ baking pan, and pour the topping on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/3 of the oat mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes; cool and cut into bars.
Directions for the topping:
- Combine chocolate chips, milk, salt and margarine in a heavy saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Add vanilla and nuts; mix well.