- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 s fresh or frozen rhubarb, chopped (1/2-inch pieces)
- 4 slices day-old bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 3/4 brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
In large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper. In bowl, combine rhubarb, bread cubes, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and allspice.
Place half the rhubarb mixture in greased 11x7x2-inch baking dish. Top with chops and remaining rhubarb mixture. Cover and bake at 350° 30 to 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!