- 1 pound Bob Evans Original Recipe Roll Sausage
- 1 (16 oz) jar prepared salsa, medium heat
- 1 1/4 cups plain bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 to 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced (green part only)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat oven to 350°. In a medium size bowl, add sausage, egg and 1 cup salsa (8 oz). Add bread crumbs until mixture starts to firm. Combine mixture with cut vegetables and seasoning. Form into 1 1/2- to 2-inch meatballs and place on nonstick cookie sheet. Leave space between meatballs. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes depending on oven. Serve with remaining salsa in a dish and side container of wooden picks on tray. Makes approximately 24 to 26 meatballs.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!