- 1 lb. fresh asparagus spears or broccoli florets, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup ham, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 sourdough English muffins, split in half
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar soy cheese, divided
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups plain soymilk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (0.9 oz.) pkg. hollandaise sauce mix
Preheat oven to 375°. In covered 2-quart saucepan, cook asparagus or broccoli in small amount of boiling water 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. In bottom of 9×13-inch pan, place English muffin halves, split sides up. Top with 1 cup soy cheese, asparagus or broccoli, ham and bell pepper. In 2-quart bowl, whisk eggs, soymilk, dry mustard, salt and black pepper until well blended. Pour egg mixture over ingredients in pan. Bake 35 minutes. Top with remaining 1 cup soy cheese. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or just until soy cheese is melted. Meanwhile, prepare hollandaise sauce according to package directions. Cut strata into squares and serve with sauce.
Ohio Soybean Council
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!