Submitted by: Irene Miller of Orwell, Ohio
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 lb. butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 lb. candied pineapple
- 1 lb. candied cherries
- 4 cups broken pecans
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. lemon extract
- Cream butter well, add sugar and cream well until fluffy. Beat eggs well and add, blending with creamed mixture.
- Chop fruit and nuts and mix with a small amount of the flour.
- Sift and add remaining flour to creamed mixture. Fold in fruit and nuts.
- Line angel food pan and a small bread pan with greased paper. Spread batter in pans.
- Bake at 300° until done, about 1-1/2 hours, or until it shrinks from the pans.
Notes: This cake can be frozen. No liquid other than the flavorings is needed. This is a family recipe. I make it every year.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!