The warm plums and syrupy sauce are best served immediately. This is also good with fresh peaches.
- 1 cup Riesling or other sweet white wine
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 9 plums, halved and pitted
- 2 cups vanilla low-fat frozen yogurt
Preheat oven to 350º. Bring wine to a simmer in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in apricots; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 20 minutes. Drain apricots in a colander over a bowl; reserve wine and apricots separately. Combine sugar, ginger, butter, and egg yolk in a bowl. Stir in apricots and pecans. Fill each plum half with about 1 1/2 teaspoons of apricot filling. Place stuffed plums in single layer in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish; pour reserved wine around plums. Bake at 350º for 20 minutes or until plums are tender. Remove plums from dish; pour remaining liquid into small saucepan. Bring to boil; cook until slightly syrupy and reduced to 1/4 cup (about 5 minutes). Serve plum halves with sauce and frozen yogurt. Serves 6 (serving size: 3 plum halves, 2 teaspoons sauce, and 1/3 cup frozen yogurt).
Posted in Appetizers and Beverages