- 1/4 margarine, softened
- 1/2 light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 (4 ozs.) soft tofu, drained and pur?ed
- 1/2 light vanilla soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 s all-purpose flour
- 1/3 soy flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup apple, shredded, tossed with
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350°. Spray nonstick 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. In medium bowl, cream margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add tofu, milk and extract; beat well. Combine flour, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Add to creamed mixture alternately with apple and lemon juice. Do not over-mix. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake about 1 hour or until top springs back when lightly pressed. Cool in pan 10 minutes on wire rack. Turn out of pan and allow to cool completely before slicing.
A moist quick bread with the nutritious benefits of soy.