- 2 medium carrots
- 1 medium red onion
- 4 cups thinly sliced or shredded red cabbage
- 2 large apples
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head Boston lettuce
- Coarsely grate carrots and onion into a large bowl.
- Add cabbage.
- Core and thinly slice apples.
- Add to cabbage mixture.
- Beat mayonnaise, sour cream, ketchup, lemon juice, and pepper.
- Mix into slaw.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Line a bowl with lettuce leaves and fill with chilled apple slaw.