- 8-10 apples, quartered
- 1/2-3/4 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon or 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 tablespoons allspice
- Place apples in large stockpot.
- Fill with enough water to cover apples.
- Add sugar.
- Tie up spices in cheesecloth, and add this to apples and water.
- Boil 1 hour, uncovered.
- Simmer two hours, covered.
- Let cool.
- Remove spices and mash apples with potato masher.
- Strain over a large bowl.
- Store in refrigerator for up to one week or freeze for later use.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!