- 8 slices bacon, crisply-cooked
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, (cannellini or navy)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup leaf lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Coarsely crumble bacon and set aside.
- In 2-quart saucepan, stir together tomatoes, broth, beans and seasoning.
- Bring to a simmer; stir in vinegar.
- In small bowl, toss together lettuce and basil.
- Ladle soup into large soup plates or bowls; garnish each serving with crumbled bacon and lettuce and basil.