Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg and coconut extract.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and coconut.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Yield: about 1 1/4 dozen.
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox