- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 red Chile pepper, thinly sliced and seeded for less heat
- 3/4 pound medium-sized frozen or fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup no sodium, low fat chicken broth
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 16 ounces thin spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In large stock pot, bring water to a boil for pasta; add pasta when boiling.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, Chile and pepper. Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn shrimp, add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the shrimp are opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook, tossing, until beginning to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta and mix in large skillet with shrimp and spinach, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.