- 2 (5 oz.) Cans Albacore White Tuna, drained
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Italian style, diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (14.5 oz.) chicken broth plus water to equal 4 cups
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1 tsp. Italian herb seasoning
- 2 cups Italian-style mixed frozen vegetables
- 1⁄2 cup small shell pasta, uncooked
- 3 cups fresh romaine lettuce, cut crosswise in 1-inch strips (or fresh spinach)
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a 4-qt. saucepan combine kidney beans, tomato paste, tomatoes with liquid, chicken broth with water, herb seasoning and red pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add pasta and frozen vegetables; simmer 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add tuna and romaine lettuce. Ladle into bowls and garnish with Parmesan cheese.