- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips (6 oz)
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 10 to 12 drops red food color, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray bottom only of 15x10x1- or 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms.
- Press evenly in bottom of pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips uncovered on High 45 to 60 seconds or until chips are melted and can be stirred smooth.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Stir in melted chips until blended.
- Spread mixture over crust.
- Refrigerate while making topping.
- In small bowl, crush 1 cup of the strawberries.
- In 2-quart saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in crushed strawberries and 1/3 cup water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens.
- Stir in food color. Cool 10 minutes.
- Gently stir in remaining 3 cups strawberries.
- Spoon topping over filling.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until set; serve within 4 hours.
- Store covered in refrigerator.