- 3 cups fresh rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Strawberry halves, if desired
- Place rhubarb, 1/2 cup sugar and water in medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until rhubarb is very soft (20 to 25 minutes).
- Place rhubarb mixture and strawberries into 5-cup blender container or food processor bowl fitted with metal blade.
- Cover; pulse until blended but not entirely pureed (3 to 5 seconds).
- Pour mixture into medium bowl.
- Cover; refrigerate until chilled (about 2 hours).
- Before serving, beat whipping cream in chilled small bowl at high speed, scraping bowl often, until soft peaks form.
- Continue beating, gradually adding sugar, until stiff peaks form.
- Divide strawberry-rhubarb mixture into 6 dessert dishes.
- Just before serving, dollop each serving with about 1/3 cup cream mixture; swirl gently with knife for marbled effect.
- Garnish with strawberry halves, if desired.