- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 4 pickling or slicing cucumbers, sliced lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 10 whole cilanto leaves
- 1/4 cup red pepper, julienne (about 1-inch long)
- Combine the sugar, vinegar and salt and heat in a small sauce pan until sugar has dissolved (about 5 minutes).
- Do not boil.
- Set saucepan in cold water to cool the vinegar mixture.
- When cool, pour over cucumbers and garnish with red peppers.
- Serves four.